Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day: Can too many stars spoil a movie?


So my husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day like every other couple this weekend, but our 6 month anniversary falls on the 15th so we decided we just wanted to celebrate the whole weekend as our Valentine's/Anniversary extravaganza and make a weekend out of it. We unfortunately couldn't get out of work during the weekend so a getaway wasn't an option. But we definitely made the most of it anyway.

On Friday night we went and saw the new movie Valentine's Day and thought that it would be worth seeing since there were so many stars in one movie. But we left and it wasn't that we hated it, but we didn't love it or even like it for that matter. I almost felt like there were too many stars all over the place with their love stories that there was no main focus. I see that the point was to have a lot of relationship stories and what not, but you kind of get lost in it, even though some connect. One review said it nicely when they said that it seemed like they all got together for 3 weeks to shoot some footage, and decided to make a movie out of it, or something like that. It definitely had some funny moments, but it wasn't a must see. I maybe would have waited until the dollar theater or rented it, then it may be worth it. Either way it had funny moments and the Julia Roberts moment with her son sent a tear dripping down my face. When did I get so sentimental? I definitely liked it a little more than my husband did, but my advice is wait to get it on DVD to see it.

1 comment:

  1. glad to know. We were going to go see this. I no desire- at least not in the theater.

    ReplyDelete