Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympics at the Bright White Halfpipe


I have loved watching the Olympics this year, especially skiing and snowboarding. I have to admit I have been a super fan of the halfpipe competition ever since the Salt Lake City Olympics. We got tickets to the men's half pipe and pairs figure skating and both events have since been some of my favorites. Of course, Shaun White definitely makes it worth watching. I couldn't believe how amazing he is. But then, hearing about the LDS Australian Torah Bright winning gold in the halfpipe as well just added to my excitement of the halfpipe. I think that is awesome that her parents came and surprised her, and I think it is amazing that as incredible as winning a gold medal at the Olympics is, she said in interviews that she would rather have had them come to her temple sealing in June (since they can only make it here once). It makes me so happy to see successful athletes with gospel priorities.

1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing about Torah Bright also! I was sad though that another LDS athlete from Utah, Noelle in the women's skeleton, barely missed a medal by one one-hundreth of a second.

    ReplyDelete