Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Confessions of An Aspiring Chef



Ok, I have a confession to make: during some point in almost all my classes (except for Dr. Coyne's of course!) I find myself with my laptop looking up some new recipe I want to try during the week for dinner. I remember the days when you had to purchase a cookbook in order to get a good recipe, but now all you have to do is google what you want to make, or go to a recipe website for good ideas. I have discovered recently that I am addicted to allrecipes.com and will shamelessly admit it. Last week I found this amazing recipe for white chicken and spinach cheesy lasagna and it was DELICIOUS. I can't even take credit because I just followed the recipe exactly. We've also recently tried carrot rice, broiled tomatoes, honey balsamic chicken (copycat recipe from macaroni grill) and tonight we experimented with paninis and sweet potato fries (the best part is our version of Guru's fry sauce. The secrets: BBQ sauce and cumin!) I don't know that I will ever buy a cookbook again. My husband loves it of course because he gets to eat the food and let his mouth water at work as I email him recipes we can try. I definitely recommend it for all those looking for a specific recipe or who just want to try something new. Bon appetit!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet potato fries! They are delicious, my wife made sweet potato chips the other day, the recipe was on allrecipes.com, and they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal looks delicious! Dang... i'm impressed! I want to learn how to make that wheat bread that you've told me about :) and i'll have to try that website for recipes sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. paninis are one of my FAVORITE foods.

    ps. you should try recipes from thepioneerwoman.com. quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously!!!! It is nearly every day that I google a recipe. I think that is seriously one of my favorite uses for the internet! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete