Friday, February 12, 2010

Childhood Favorites


As a child I had a favorite series of books. I was really into the American Girl Dolls and each girl had a series of books about her. Samantha was my favorite because she looked the most like me. I remember her book called Samantha Saves the Day was one of my favorites. There were different girls from different time periods of American history, and each one had a serious of five or six books about them. I loved reading about their adventures. Now that I am older, my taste in books has changed, but I still cherish the American Girl books.

My childhood favorites from the American Girl series really helped me feel like I had a place in the world, even though I was just a young girl. These girls from the books were helpful in many ways, and always had adventurous lives. I wanted to be and feel like they did as they went on their many adventures. It also taught me a lot about the time periods that they were living in. It was a great way to learn through their fictitious, yet realistic experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved these books too! Samantha was my favorite of the dolls :)

    ReplyDelete