Thursday, March 18, 2010

Free Pizzas


The other day a few friends and I got together to catch up and went to California Pizza Kitchen (isn't it funny that when girls want to get together they go out to eat, and when guys get together they play sports? Topic for another day...). Love their food by the way. I had ordered a pear and gorgonzola pizza and when the waitress brought it out she told me it was kind of like my "appetizer pizza" because they messed up and put cilantro on it when it isn't supposed to come with it on. She said that another one, the right one, was in the oven and would be out shortly. I was fine with it because I say "bring on the cilantro, who cares", but about 10 minutes later she brought out another pizza. I was excited because then I could bring home a ton of pizza to my husband too and only pay for one pizza. When the waitress brought out the checks she told me mine was all free for the "inconvenience". What inconvenience? I got 2 pizzas and it was great!

So my question is: Is amazing customer service a form of media? Because I have now been acting as the medium and telling everyone how great CPK is like it's my job. All because of a few free pizzas. I know I am always telling people where I find great deals or who treated me well as a customer. I also rely on others' opinions and ideas to find great places or products, probably more so than commercials or billboards. And it's free! No wonder so many places value good customer service. It pays off!

2 comments:

  1. I love that restaurant so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise that it was free. I love the Thai Chicken pizza there...so yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete