Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It sucks me in and I don't know why...


Ok, so throughout my college years I have been in and out of following the TV show House. It first started with my freshman roommates, and now my husband has got me hooked on it. After every episode I wonder why I like it so much...every episode is the exact same story: They get some random patient and can't find out what is wrong with them....they try a bunch of tests, House is mean to every one and then at some random moment while he is doing something else, he comes up with the disease that the patient has and how to treat it. On the side there is a little drama between the other doctors in some way. Yet, even though I know exactly what is going to happen, we TEVO it every week and watch it when we get a chance.

Last night the episode that we watched was no exception. A posing drug dealer passed out while making a deal and then they struggled to find out what was wrong with him. On the side, the doctor's played a joke on Foreman and he thought he was getting paid less than all the other doctors. Come to find out the drug dealer was really an undercover cop and was about to do a huge drug bust. During the show House and Wilson like the same girl and she thinks they are gay because they are living together. Once again, it fit perfectly with the outline of every other episode. I have been thinking about this a lot and I still can't quite figure out why it sucks me in so bad and I have to watch it every week!

1 comment:

  1. It is SO true. House is one of the most addicting shows on TV these days, and yet it's all the same.
    Though, I have to say that I have been a big fan of Hugh Laurie from way before his House days. (If you've never seen an episode of Jeeves and Wooster... I highly recommend it.)

    ReplyDelete